We value knowledge creation for its own sake; the benefits of our research to the local, national and international community are numerous. SCIB offers third party primary and secondary research on topics such as individual factories, buyers, government, trade associations in RMG sector. Along with research SCIB also provides evaluation and monitoring services to its customers. While evaluation process help the buyers to know about factories Clear understanding on compliance aspects, their strategies for continuous improvement and the measurable targets set up by the factories. Currently SCIB are working with GIZ collaboration for three factories. SCIB provides monitoring service on:
Factory Assessment, Corrective Action Plan (CAP), Orientation on CAP, Management Training on Compliance Issues, Follow Up Audit and Certification
The following researches have been completed by SCIB:
- Research on Workers Health and safety Issues in the RMG sector;
- Market Study to Determine Skills Training for Rehabilitation of Redundant Garment Workers
- Gender Dimension in Transport in Dhaka Metropolitan Area,
- Policy Research on the implementation progress of Minimum Wage for Garments Workers”.
- Employees Survey for factory management & workers.